This is queso is SO good you would never know it contains butternut squash! the squash gives it a creamy texture and ”cheesy” flavor that you will love!
Makes: about 3-4 cups.
- 2 cups butternut squash, boiled until fork tender, peeled, and remove the seeds.
- 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1 tbsp vegan butter.
- 1 jalapeño, chopped, seeded.
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped.
- 1 garlic clove, minced.
- 1/2 cup vegan milk (i love plain oat milk).
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar cheese shreds.
- 1/2 cup vegan mozzarella shreds.
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch.
blend together the butternut squash, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until smooth. in a pan on medium, sauté the jalapeño, onion, and minced garlic. add the sautéed veggies to the butternut squash mixture and blend again. add back to the pan and stir in the vegan cheese and tapioca starch. cook until thick then serve with tomato and cilantro.