One of the tastiest salads you will ever have! The variety of veggies makes this salad so flavorful!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews.
- 3/4 cup hot boiling water.
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 garlic clove, peeled.
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard.
- 1 tsp onion powder.
- 1 tsp garlic powder.
- Fresh parsley and chives, chopped.
- 1 tsp each of dried thyme and dried parsley.
- 2 cups bib lettuce, chopped.
- Tomato slices.
- Kalamata olives.
- Vegan Parmesan (or nutritional yeast).
- 1/2 a cucumber, sliced. 1 small carrot, chopped.
- 1/4 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed, drained.
For the ranch: soak the cashews in the hot water for 20-30 minutes. Once soaked add them to a blender with the soaking water and remaining ingredients (I recommend adding the fresh herbs last). Set aside.
For the salad: toss together all the salad ingredients and serve on a large plate. Drizzle with the ranch and enjoy!