It’s getting colder and with this pandemic there is lots of sickness going around. This smoothie has anti-viral effects because of the elderberry wellness syrup.
elderberries are amazing they can kill viruses and when made into a syrup it tastes delicious!
Ways to buy elderberry
you can buy elderberry in multiple forms like gummies, fresh berries, fresh flowers, and as a wellness syrup.
Norms farms elderberry syrup is the best I’ve tasted. They add cloves and cinnamon for extra flavor!
according to this wellness syrup you should take 1 tsp a day for 12 -yrs and up and 1/2 tsp for under 12 yrs. note:*I am not a health supervisor*.
Banana. Slice and peel before freezing. Fresh banana will not work correctly.
Raspberries. I used frozen but fresh should work.
Lemon juice. This brings out the sweetness without any added sugar.
Dairy free milk. I used oat milk but any dairy free milk will do perfectly.
Spirulina. This is a powder made from seaweed that is used as a health non-artificial dye and it has 5g of protein per tbsp.
Spinach. Mixed greens will work too. Spinach gives it iron and you need greens in your diet to survive.
• category: American/German
• serves: 1-2 per smoothie
• time: 4-5 minutes or less
• 1 frozen, sliced banana.
• 1/2 cup of frozen/fresh raspberries.
• 1 tsp elderberry wellness syrup.
• squeeze of lemon juice.
• 1/4 cup of dairy free milk (I used oat).
• 2-3 tsp spirulina powder (or 1 serving which is 1 tbsp).
• 1 handful of spinach or mixed greens.
Put all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth and serve in glasses or mugs.
• cacao nibs.
• oats (gluten free if needed).
• grapes (Cabernet grapes, frozen).
- Ch’cken nuggets
- Mediterranean salad
- Watermelon banana shake
- Mango and pink dragon fruit nice cream
- Carob protein bites