Squash is not just a fall food it’s also great for winter! I mean when it gets cold you crave warm creamy soups and butternut squash soup is always good.
It’s quite simple to make and can be served cold if desired (I recommend serving it warm). I blend my ingredients then I re-heat them because I like warm soups although I’d like to try this avocado ginger cold soup that I’m hoping to make and post.
This soup is not only vegan but, gluten free and healthy too! All of my recipes are as healthy as possible but, sweets are always good once in a while. Some of my recipes are non-vegan and that is from before I went vegan.
Some other soups to try
Thai red curry soup (non-vegan)
• category: American
• serves: 1 per recipe (double or triple recipe to serve more)
• prep time:6-7 minutes
• cook time: 6-7 minutes
• 1 cup of cooked butternut squash (of butternut squash purée).
• 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder.
• 1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder.
• pinch of thyme.
• sea salt and black pepper to taste.
• 1/2 cup of dairy free milk.
• 2-3 tbsp olive oil.
• pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg.
blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Pour into a sauce pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil and dairy free milk. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme. Enjoy!