This is a take on the pie that everyone loves: key lime pie!! I added walnuts to mine and used a walnut crust since it’s quite hard to find vegan graham crackers. 💚
st. Patrick’s day is coming and I’m getting all my green recipes going!!🍀
Walnuts. Used in the crust and on top of the pie itself.
Lime. I used both lime zest and juice so be sure to users before juicing.
Maple syrup. You can also use agave nectar/syrup.
Canned coconut milk. Canned coconut milk is vital in this pie and can not be substituted.
Spirulina. A type of sea weed powder used for coloring foods (there is no flavor so don’t worry).
• time:30 minutes hands on time. 6 hours hands off time.
• 2 cups walnuts soaked overnight and drained.
• 4 tbsp rice flour.
• 1 tbsp maple syrup (or more to taste).
• 1-2 tbsp coconut oil.
blend in a food processor until a fine crumb texture. Bake at 350•f for 15-20 minutes.
• 1/2 cup lime juice (from 4 limes).
• 2-3 tsp lime zest.
• 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave syrup.
• 1 can (13.5 oz) of full fat coconut milk.
• 5 tbsp rice flour.
• 1/8 tsp sea salt.
• 1/2-1 tbsp spirulina powder (optional).
bring all the ingredients to a boil at medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and stir constantly until thick. Pour into pre-baked crust and refrigerate for 6 hours-overnight.
top with walnuts and lime slices. Enjoy!