Who else still has canned pumpkin left over from thanksgiving? Want a little pumpkin pie flavor that’s vegan and gluten free? Well…here’s the ticket!
this recipe requires no baking, no gluten, and almost no effort! Simply blend, mix, layer and ta da! Enjoy!
Pecans. I used pecans for the crust but walnuts or any hardy nut will work great.
Pumpkin purée. I used canned but really any pumpkin (or sweet potato) purée will do. Maybe even try butternut squash purée.
Canned coconut milk. I wouldn’t recommend using normal coconut milk. Canned has a better flavor and is thicker.
Maple syrup. Agave or rice syrup will work too.
• category: American
• serves: 1
• time: 10 minutes at most
• 1 small handful of pecans or any hardy nuts.
• 1 tbsp rice flour or cornstarch.
• 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp of pumpkin purée (sweet potato or butternut squash purée).
• 2-3 tbsp canned coconut milk.
• pinch of fresh grated ginger.
• ground cinnamon and nutmeg to taste.
• 1 tsp maple syrup or more to taste.
• pinch of allspice and/or ground cloves.
for the crust blend the nuts and rice flour in a food processor until crumbly. Mix all the filling ingredients together in a small bowl. Layer the crust and filling. Enjoy!