Delicata is a very small yellow and green squash. It tastes so good as lightly breaded and baked rings!
- 1 delicata squash.
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo or sour cream.
- 1/3 cup vegan buttermilk (plant milk with 1 tbsp lemon juice).
- 1 tbsp yellow or Dijon mustard.
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs.
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley (or 1 tsp dried parsley).
Preheat the oven to 400F. Get out 3 bowls. In bowl one add the flour. I’m bowl two add the vegan mayo, vegan buttermilk, and mustard. In bowl three add the panko bread crumbs and parsley. Set aside the bowls. Now slice the squash into rings and remove the seeds. First dip the rings in the flour and evenly coat. Next dip it in the second bowl with the mayo and buttermilk mixture. Lastly evenly coat it with the Panko breadcrumbs and parsley mixture. Place on a baking sheet and bake at 400F for 10 minutes. Flip over and bake another 10 minutes.